[ale] New worm destablized Internet

Transam transam at verysecurelinux.com
Sun Jan 26 15:19:41 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 09:15:04AM -0500, Jim wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 12:05 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > Please inform us of the bank in use. My bank is irritating me to no end
> > (wachovia/worst onion) and I'm shopping around.

> Bob was probably talking about banks using the software developed by what is
> now S1 Corporation. We both worked for them. Among the banks using their
> software are Regions and RBC Centura. But when I left S1 in 2001, they were
> working toward the release of their J2EE product. That software will run on
> UNIX and also--gasp!--Windows. So, things keep changing.

Jim is right.  RBC Centura is my bank and they are quite good and they
use a very hardened version of UNIX that has been Orange Book C2 certified
for multi-level Mandatory Access Controls which I've helped develop (at
least when I last consulted for them).

I suspect that the Winbloz version is for sale to other banks that are
MS-hypnotized.

RBC Centura is an excellent bank.  Their people do care and treat me very
well, their fees are reasonable, and they can move fast for loans, they
rarely screwup, etc.  They have offices around Metro Atlanta, including
Buckhead and just off I285 at Buford Highway.

     www.centura.com

Bob