[ale] Debian C Compile pkgs

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Jan 26 09:11:38 EST 2003

I have one low-end Debian system, where I'm having a problem.  When I
first installed it, I didn't install the C compiler stuff, because all
it's for is to run a few low-power services for the LAN.  Well, now I've
got my first service I'm trying to install from source instead of a
Debian package.  I've installed the "gcc" package.

When I run "./configure", I get this:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

I assume I'm missing a package, but I don't have any idea what package.
Help!

Thanks
David