[ale] First time trashing Linux

Brian brianb_ale at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 21:51:11 EST 2003

It seems that your /usr partition is not being mounted
at boot time. Some of the posibilities might include a
messed up /usr partition (is this a separate
partition), the /etc/fstab might have been
accidentally altered etc... Anyway, try to use tom's
root boot or mandrake's rescue mode and see if you can
mount the /usr partition. If so, check your /etc/fstab
if you have a correct entry for your /usr.

You can also boot into single user mode by pressing
the (AFAIK) 'esc' key in the graphic login and type
linux single. Your later init stuff would not be
loaded at this time so hopefully you can figure out
some clues.

--- Neal Wilkinson <nealw at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I can get Tom's disk. My wifes machine has linux as
> well. Is this it?
> http://www.toms.net/rb/ Also the errors taken from
> the boot.log are:
>
> /etc/rc5.d/S13partmon:line1 /usr/bin/partmon: no
> such file or directory
>
> /usr/sbin/fndsession:line12:perl: command not found
>
> /etc/rc5.d/S85numlock:line25:setleds: command not
> found
>
> kheader: /ect/rc6.d/k20kheader:line1dirname: command
> not found
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neal

=====
The only reason I burn the candle at both ends
is because I haven't worked out how to light the middle