[ale] Thinkpads

Transam transam at verysecurelinux.com
Sat Jan 25 19:04:43 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 01:38:09AM -0500, tom wrote:
> I was just curious how long some of y'all have had a laptop running via
> a DSL or T1. I had my Thinkpad up non-stop for almost a year. How about
> some of yours.

10 months uptime on my Toshiba 4700CT.  It would have been longer except
that I accidentally caught a corner of a piece of paper between the
battery and the laptop when I changed a battery.

This box was severely damaged after being handled by Hartsfield Security.
I suggest that y'all NOT let those gorillas touch your box.  Offer to
open it, put it on the scanner belt, etc. yourself.  My lapse cost me
having to buy a new laptop, a Thinkpad R31.  IBM's web site has really
good prices on them just now and they run Linux well.

My reason for not getting another Toshiba was not technical as I was
quite happy with my Toshiba -- 5.5 years without any trouble and I bought
it used!

> tom

Bob Toxen
bob at verysecurelinux.com                [Please use for email to me]