[ale] http behind pppoe ?

James CE Johnson jcej at tragus.org
Fri Jan 24 12:38:29 EST 2003

I'm unfortunate enough to live behind the bastardization that is PPPoE
rather than having a nice, static IP. Since the switch (from the nice,
static IP to the bastardization that is PPPoE) I've noticed that web
requests to my server seem to have "issues". To be specific, it seems that
in some cases the browser isn't getting the entire page sent by the
server.

Other protocols (eg -- ssh) seem to exhibit similar behavior but since the
bulk of my traffic is http that's where I see it most.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening but I'm hoping someone out
there in ALE-land has already been down this dark and disturbing road and
will be kind enough to lend me a hand.

Thanks,