[ale] SuSE 81 review, kinda...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 24 00:29:04 EST 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:
> I've been working with the Professional set on an XP dual boot, my
> own Athlon pure linux box, my Dell laptop, and fiddling with getting
> USB and lm_sensors working.  So far I am impressed with what works
> right out of the box in the distro.

I'm on my third install of SuSE today. :)  I'm trying to see what
squirts out before I attempt to update my primary box.  I've just
finished updating my cdwriter box and am installing another box which
will be my wife's replacement for her lousy win95 box.

I was surprised to fine the SuSE 8.1 personal disks in a multi-disc
jewel case and then the SuSE 8.1 professional disks in a cardboard disk
holder.  then again that would be a couple of jewel cases or one real
large one. (7 cds and one dvd).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...