[ale] great news from RIAA

Watson F. McKeel wmckeel at printpack.com
Thu Jan 23 09:05:05 EST 2003

That same issue of Wired also has an article about how the recording industry as we know it is going to die in a few years. No more mass marketed larger than life mega acts. It'll be local bands with mostly local appeal. Personally, I think it is wishful thinking that the machine that is the recording industry will eat itself, but I'm hoping it comes to pass none the less.

My favorite line from the article: "You will no longer see acts like Michael Jackson circa 1982, but then you won't see acts like Michael Jackson circa 2002, either; not a bad tradeoff."

But back on topic: every toadie behind Rosen is just as slimy as she is. "Which head will spring from the hydra" is right (that's how Slashdot put it).

Watson