[ale] Crystal Reports: alternatives?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Jan 21 07:12:25 EST 2003

Took a look at Crystal Reports support for linux....very limited.
Essentially, you have to buy a Enterprise license (approx. $10,000 to
$100,000).  This gives you an Apache module that will basically do a pass
through to a Windows-based application server.  I wouldn't exactly call
that "good support".

Anyway, I've asked before and didn't get any replies, but thought I'd give
it another go.  Is anyone aware of viable alternatives to Crystal Reports
for linux?  I'm currently looking at Jasper Reports
[http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net] (anyone with good/bad experiences
please let me know), but hope there're a few more options to choose from.
Googling is getting me nowhere so far, but that's not always a good
indicator of existence.

Thanks,
John