[ale] e-commerce

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 21:46:07 EST 2003

Interchange is the open source shopping cart project that used to be
called minivend. It is quite mature. I wouldn't call it easy to
understand from a programming viewpoint as the IC-Tags document is over
100 pages long. But it is well documented and works out of the box.

www.icdevgroup.org  is the main site. They have rpms for the whole ball
o' wax. It is bunch of perl scripts and some C and a databse (or a text
file if you like) I use postgresql. It can use mysql, oracle,
berkely/sleepycat db.

I have a site running on it at www.sewingmachine.com  If you or a friend
does stitch stuff for a hobby, the store is local to Atlanta.

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 21:27, raphael wrote:
> Any recommendations about how to set up an e-commerce site under
> Linux?  I guess that Apache and MySQL are the first step but how would
> one integrate them so that I can put together a catalogue online? That
> pulls data and images from a database?Â… and eventually do some credit
> card billing???
>

> What is a good language to learn for this
>

> Is there a free program/utility that helps publish a site
>

> If someone has experience and can spare a bit of time, please give me
> a call at 678-907-3912 in Atlanta
>

> Thanks
>

> Raphael

 This is a digitally signed message part