[ale] MP3

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 20 19:53:17 EST 2003

> I was wondering if you could build a mp3 server and hook it up to your
> home stereo system.

Ok course. I'm listening to mine right now. In fact I moved my stereo to my
computer area precisely for that purpose.

I have onlyt about 1100 songs online right now. One of my networked MP3 disks
is currently offline. My game plan is to take a 15G disk and migrate everything
to it.

Now the most interesting development is the advent of the mini-itx MB and case.
It's about the size of playstation, and can be fanless. With built in audio,
TVout, firewire, and ethernet, it seems like an ideal solution for this type
of work.

BAJ