[ale] pppoe router recommendations

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Mon Jan 20 17:40:49 EST 2003

I used to have bellsouth DSL, using my linux firewall and pppoe.  I got
it working though I have to admit it seemed a little odd.  But I had
real reliability problems -  something would die somewhere, and
eventually, the pppoe daemon would die.  And I'd restart it by hand.
Eventually, I built a fairly ugly conglomeration of scripts to try to
keep things running smoothly.

Now, thanks to DirectTV, I'm going to go back to Bellsouth for DSL
service. I plan on buying an inexpensive router that will handle the
pppoe crap for me.  (this will also give me a real DMZ, instead of a
pretend one I have now).  The question is, what brand/model do you
recommend?  I'd definately like something that works with ddclient,
efficiently....

David