[ale] HD size limit?

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Mon Jan 20 13:22:17 EST 2003

hi folks,
    I've got an old ASUS P/I-P55T2P4 mobo running mandrake 8.2 that acts as
an mp3 server for my home LAN.  256RAM, 5GB boot drive, 40GB storage drive.
problem is that the award bios limits HD size to 32GB.  my mp3 library will
soon outgrow that.  I'm looking at options:
-IDE card for bigger drives?
-firewire card for same?
-BIOS upgrade:  it has the latest from ASUS, and I'm checking on bios
upgrades online ($70 from http://www.wimsbios.com/)
-boat anchor

the box is overclocked, thanks to tomshardware.com, to 400MHz, and is an
excellent server and never burps, farts, coughs, wheezes...etc.  can't ask
for better, in my opinion...except it comes up short in one dept.  any
ideas?

-Bob K.
--
Robert E. Karaffa, II