[ale] web-cams on linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jan 19 15:27:36 EST 2003

Last I used the quickam drivers, they did not have the kind of fps you'd
be able to do streaming with.  Check for yourself, but the drivers were
pretty green.

There are now two drivers out there, so if you're serious about using
the quickcam, you should get on the quickcam list, so you can get the
latest drivers.

My recommendation would be to go to the usb linux web site and find a
camera that is well supported and drop the bucks for that.

Depending on what kind of streaming you're looking to do, there are a
couple of options.  vic, I believe will work, and there's a tool called
streamer that comes with xawtv package that might be useful.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...