[ale] Compiling 2.4 kernel w/Tekram DC395U support

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Jan 18 13:54:44 EST 2003

Never hacked a kernel before and am trying to add Tekram DC935U SCSI
controller support to 2.4.18 kernel.  The Tekram site only lists up to
2.2 series kernel source and instructions.  I have edited the Makefile
and Config.in as per instructions.  The modifications listed for hosts.c
and proc_fs.h do not match up (files are totally different).  I have
added the driver source files to the correct area.  Support for the
DC395U is selected as a module when creating the .config file. Kernel
compiles fine except for the module for the DC395U is not created.  And
of course I missed the actual error while compiling.  Just an error
message at the end saying the module was not created.  Is anyone using a
DC395U with a 2.4 series kernel?  Is there another source file or two I
needed to edit?

TIA,

Jim Seymour