[ale] OT: Distance from demarc/splitter matter for DSL?

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Fri Jan 17 15:47:10 EST 2003

I have a bridged DSL line from BellSouth. The demarc box and splitter for
the phone and DSL lines is on the outside of the house right next to the
current home office. I would like to relocate the home office to the other
side of the house. Are there any issues with running the DSL so far away
from the splitter? Any recommendations or gotchas I should be aware of? Is
there a certain grade of line I should run?

Thank you,
Mike