[ale] Computer Convention in Atlanta Jan 17 - 19

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at sciatl.com
Fri Jan 17 09:40:14 EST 2003

Geoffrey wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>
>> This weekend there will be a computer convention in Atlanta.  In the past
>> these have been at the Cobb Galleria.  I have found good used stuff at
>> low
>> low prices.  I would advise buying a multi-day ticket and buy on the
>> first
>> day, test (burn in) that night, and if defective take it back the next
>> day
>> before everyone leaves town.  You can also have them hook it up on the
>> floor
>> and test things there.  I found my wife's flat screen LCD monitor at a
>> savings of 80$ to 100$ from comparable ones in Atlanta as well as several
>> P-233's which are serving me well.
>>
>> On the website you can print a copy of a coupon and save some dollars.
>

> Actually, I believe you save $1 for giving them your email address, and
> real address.  Read the privacy statement, appears pretty safe, but....
>
> It's funny because you can tell it's a canned statement, there are two
> places where they should reference the company name and this is what you
> see:
>
> [company name]
>
> [description of the company access procedure]
>
> So, do they have to abide by it, since it doesn't reference their real
> name??? :)

Sure....just fill in with canned responses....I live at [my address] and can be
reached electronically as [myname]@[my_emailserver].com

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
     posting from, but not     |

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.