[ale] Certificate Signing

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 16 23:52:05 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:41:49AM +0000, cfowler wrote:

> Here is one error I get in Konqueror
>
> You have indicated that you wish to accept this certificate, but it is not
> issued to the server who is presenting it. Do you wish to continue loading?
>
> I assume this is because my hostname is different?

Yes, that's right.  A certificate is meant to be used by a single host,
so to do this "the right way" you would have to generate a new
certificate for each of your 1000 units.  I imagine this would be
prohibitive.  But unless you do, all browsers will complain, because the
hostname of the server won't match the hostname of the certificate.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9