[ale] Help from kernel-mod gurus...

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 15 11:05:15 EST 2003

da Black Baron <dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net> writes:

> I  just found a  patch that will let me compile a mod to support the KB
> Gear Jam Studio USB tablet- however, I don't have a clue as to what
> exact  file I need  to patch under the src/linux directory.  Anybody
> able to point me in the right direction?
>
> Here's the patch, as attachment, just in case you might need to see it:

Everything you need in order to apply the patch is contained in the
patch file. The lines beginning with "diff" tell "patch" which
files to patch. So all you need to do is:

cd /your/sourcedir/linux
patch -p 1 < patchfile

And patch will figure out what to do.

Note that you can build the module without applying the patch.  All
the patch is for is to make "make config" know about the new module;
you can compile the kbpad.o file by itself if you know the right
command-line options to give to GCC. But it's probably safer to apply
the patch and then run "make [x|menu]config".

Cheers,

-- Joe