[ale] Esound questions...esd won't start on RH 8

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 14 21:01:12 EST 2003

I don't know that any distribution puts esd in a startup script.  esd
was originally an outgrowth of Enlightenment, since very few major
distros ship with Enlightenment, I suspect it's unlikely they do much
with esd either.

esd -as $SECONDS

Tells esd to release the audio device after $SECONDS of inactivity.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...