[ale] Creative NOMAD MuVo

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Mon Jan 13 08:31:48 EST 2003

> Has anyone on the list heard whether or not this device is compatible with
> Linux?  Better yet, does anyone have one and been successful using it under
> Linux?
>
> http://www.nomadworld.com/products/MuVo/

I don't know anything about this device, but, FWIW I have a Nike psa
(MP3 player) and in a pinch, I've renamed data files (.txt or whatever)
as music files (.mp3 or .wav and etc....) and then loaded them into the
psa (Which has 128MB of memory in it). Then I read the psa at another
machine and changed the file extension back to their original names
Essentially, I've used the psa to move data from one machine to another.
Works like a champ.

Best

Marvin Dickens