[ale] [ot] pvr using mythtv

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 13 12:05:26 EST 2003

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> 	Get a Hauppauge wintv-fm or some close relative.  The hauppauge cards
> work quite well.  The SVideo output has to be on your video card (not
> the capture card) or from a scan converter.

I'm confused, but that happens easily.  SVideo output on the video card
won't do you any good for a pvr solution, as it is an output, not an input.

I'll chime in on the Hauppauge cards though, I've got three of them and
they all work like champs.  One Wintv GO, one Wintv and a third capture
only card that uses the hauppauge chipset.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...