OpenOffice.org and CUPS (Was: Re: [ale] whats better about KDE?)

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 11 15:36:25 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 10:33:11AM -0500, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Saturday 11 January 2003 07:31 am, Jim wrote:
> > Any non-KDE app
> > just needs to be set to "kprinter --stdin". The only place where this
> > doesn't work is Open Office (no fault of KDE).
>
> The nub of the problem! <grin>
> How _do_ I get Open Office to print through CUPS?

I've never had any problems printing from OO.o using cups.  I just
installed the cups packages, used the web interface to install a
printer, and it just worked.

In Debian, there is a package called cupsys-bsd, which includes the BSD
command-line printing commands, like lpr, lpq, etc.  Is it possible you
don't have these installed?

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9