[ale] whats better about KDE?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 11 09:06:32 EST 2003

That's quite difficult since the definition of 'better' is pretty much
an opinion. All you'll get are mostly personal opinions.

I'll give you my personal view of the differences I perceive.  I use
gnome because it appears to me to be more lightweight then kde.  I also
dislike the 'looks like windows' appearance kde has.  KDE takes forever
to load and kde apps take longer to load.

On the other hand, the machines I set up for my daughter, mother-in-law,
friend across the street all use kde, because I think it is more user
friendly then gnome.

I also believe that kde is more polished, but I've got more personal
experience with gnome.  I've had more problems with gnome things not
working or crashing then kde.  That may well be because I use gnome on a
daily basis.

I'm not real pleased with the latest incarnation of gnome, since it does
not play well with my wm of choice, Enlightenment.  Gnome folks blame E,
but Gnome is what changed not E.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...