[ale] routing problem?

zeb morgan n4zm at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 9 23:22:25 EST 2003

I have a problem that I think is a routing problem.  I am trying to use an old
486 as a gateway router.  The Internet is connected on eth1 using Roaring
Penguin's PPPoE.  The local net is connected on eth1. (Two NICs in the system.)
I can ping sites on the internet from the gateway machine, and I can ping all
the machines on my local net from the gateway.  I can ping the gateway from any
of the machines on the local net.  I cannot ping any sites on the internet from
any of the machines on my local net (with the exception of the gateway system).

What routes should I put on the internal systems?

What routes should I put on the gateway system?

Any thought will be appreciated.

Thanks, Zeb