[ale] reading an audio cd

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 8 17:01:39 EST 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 09:21 am, Geoffrey  wrote:
> >>I believe someone inquired as to how to read an audio cd.  Found
> >>something pretty cool in the SuSE 8.1 user manual.  Says Konqueror can
> >>convert audio CDs to audio files.  Open Konqueror and enter 'audiocd:/
> >>in the url window.  Automagically displays CDDB server data as well.

I tried this and it works. (without the ')
Also lists a "ogg" directory as being on the cd. Interesting. Dragged
the files to my directory of ogg files and some magic software starting
ripping the files. Slick!

Julian Bream is strumming away as I type.

Sean,
  who believes that any technology, if far enough advanced, can not be
     distinguished from magic.