[ale] tripwire is " trippin' "

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed Jan 8 00:19:42 EST 2003

There was 'no' chain of events. Today, I was actually upgrading RedHat box 1
(for the 3rd time) to try to fix the crashes. Box1 started to install the
packages and crashed. I looked over and Box2 was hung at the exact same time.

[I just checked and Box2 the 'date' on box2 was 10 minutes ahead - so I guess
Box1 affected Box2 {they are connected thru NFS} as opposed to chron].

Box2 is my "stable" box. That means try not to tinker with it.

The more troubled box is an XP1600 (1.4Ghz) 512Ram, GeForceII 64Ram with
NVIDIA drivers.

I am really not sure what to do. Box1 crashes as if it is a Windows box, as
if it does not have as much memory. In the past I was able to get a snapshot
of the processes - but I have since removed tripwire.

RedHat 8.0 seems slower on Box1. I am not sure where to turn. I don't know
how I can capture the processes when the box is frozen or going to freeze.
Re-install 7.2? Try living with the watered-down 8.0? New distro?

Drew