[ale] Semi-OT: Atl/Ga hardware vendors?

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Tue Jan 7 14:02:35 EST 2003

Not sure exactly what your question is, but on the Dell PowerEdge 6650 quad
Xeon boxes we bought, we saved about $40000 per server ordering direct from
Dell instead of Compaq.  Warranty is on-site same-day 4-hour response.

Not sure that answers your question, but...

Good luck!
Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert L. Harris [mailto:Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:27 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: [ale] Semi-OT: Atl/Ga hardware vendors?

  I've been asked to find a new vendor for our servers at work.  Currently
were ordering from a company in Canada.  They're ok but sometimes a pain
to deal with but their prices are good.

  I'm looking for someone who can throw together one or two boxes or 100
within a "reasonable" time period, can build to a standard and has a
decent warranty/support.  Price is of coure pretty important.

  Please pass on recomendations if you can, I'd ideally like to find
someone around the Atlanta area but inside the US is a must (we're tired
of servers getting hung up in customs for 2 weeks).

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI:

information that is intended only for use by the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,
or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.
In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copies
of this transmission.  Thank you.