[ale] tripwire is " trippin' "

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Jan 7 10:04:06 EST 2003

ALE, 1-05-02 0855
I installed RedHat 7.2 on my system.

Whenever I would su to root, I would get a prompt that says "you have mail."
Solution: I added a .forward file to root

Whenever I would receive the emails, they would say tripwire ain't been
installed.
Solution: I followed the included directions to --init tripwire.

Since then, I turn on my box, and cron.daily executes the tripwire script.
The script itself does not hang my box, but if I do anything else (like run a
browser)
my box hangs like Windows, and I must use the reset button on the front of
the box to get
control (and I have to keep fighting tripwire or not use the box for 10
minutes).

I read the man tripwire, and have not been able to figure out how to
completely disable tripwire.
I realize that I will have less security on this box, but the cost of having
my box act like Windows is too great.

Drew