[ale] e2undel output, where'd it go???

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 7 09:48:51 EST 2003

I've attempting to recover a bunch of files in a batch mode.  To do
this, I'm trying to use e2undel.  e2undel is an interactive program that
prompts for:

the user name
a time interval when the files were deleted

This is followed by a table of info that includes the inodes of the
files deleted.

It then prompts for the inode number to be recovered.

what I'm trying to do is capture the list of inodes and then pass it
back to e2undel during a second execution in order to recover the files.

The problem is that although I send both stdout and stderr to separate
files, the table of info never goes to either file or to the xterm
window.  What's with that?

When I remove the redirection to the files, the list shows up on the
xterm window.

Any suggestions as to where this stuff is going would be greatly
appreciated.

For reference here is the comand line I attempted:

echo "esoteric\n4\n\nesoteric\n5\n\n\n" |./e2undel -d /dev/hda10 -s
/share/foo -a -t  >/tmp/undel.out 2>/tmp/undel.err

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...