[ale] Canon Powershot S45 usb......HELP!!!

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 7 08:07:56 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 00:48, Keith Morris wrote:

> when I do a "dmesg" after pluggin in my camera I am given the following:
>
>         hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2/2, assigned device
>         number 5
>         usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x4a9/0x306c) is not claimed by
>         any active driver.

What this is telling you is the USB subsystem saw that something was
plugged into it but there is no driver around to actually use the
device.

The gphoto2 shipping with RH8 can be upgraded. Check the gphoto website,
http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/ for a more recent release. It may have
support for the brand, spanking new camera you got.

 This is a digitally signed message part