Converting "Dozies" (was Re: [ale] OT: winxp upgrade...)

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Jan 6 16:18:11 EST 2003

On Monday 06 January 2003 04:11 pm, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> I would be more inclined to throw money at people who aren't starry-eyed
> with "vertical marketing opportunities, "co-branding strategies," and
> "strategic partnerships" but rather live relatively normal lives but
> produce good work.  I've seen waaaaay too much "Enron-think" in the last
> four years and if I knew as a fact that Mandrake's upper/mid management
> was NOT like that, I'd consider it.

I think it is pretty clear that mandrakes management WAS a lot like that.
They are now out on their ear and the new management is very focused on
making a great distribution for the desktop and server.  They have been
very upfront, lately, on their finances and plans for the future.
Unfortunately, it looks like they will run out of money a couple of months
before the go cash flow positive.

Michael