[ale] OT: winxp upgrade version from scratch?

Greg runman at telocity.com
Mon Jan 6 00:25:10 EST 2003

In the past (Win 2k pro upgrade), you boot off of the upgrade disk and it
will ask you for the old (in my case Win 98) disk if it did not detect the
old system. So... boot up with XP and insert a Win 98 disk when it asks for
it.  What kind of Win 98 errors are you getting ?? I just fixed my Win 98  -
it would not boot either, it having vxd errors.  However it was a dual boot
so I just used the other system.  You know, you could use another system to
"operate" on the hosed disk if you don't want to reinstall.

Greg Canter