[ale] Kernel and hardware woes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 4 20:22:20 EST 2003

John Wells wrote:
> 172 degrees farenheit?!?!?  That's like 78 degress celcius!
>
> Damn...that's pretty up there.  In fact, that's on the threshold of the
> temp at which AMD says your CPU will die.

Actually the max is 90, but that's still too close for me.  Does the
motherboard manual have any limits it suggests?  Here's a link to amd
site with the temp specs:

http://139.95.253.213/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=22,E=0000000000058089134,K=462,Sxi=18,Case=obj(3737)

> How long has it been running that hot?  To give you an idea, my machine's
> CPU (Athlon XP 2200+) hovers between 42 and 47 degrees celcius, or 107-116
> degrees farenheit.

Athlon xp 1800+ here, cpu is 38 C, mb is 27 C.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...