[ale] final plea for help (more kernel panic info)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jan 4 11:29:38 EST 2003

Also, chips are temperature sensitive. As the temp rises, the elctrons
available to due the designed task increases until the average electron
is above the barrier energy and ,WHOOSH, a cascade of current happens
that makes no sense to the receiving buckets expecting only a few
million per second. So it sends a WTF?! and that get amplified until the
only data on the output pin is a very loud WTF?!?!?! And the system
panics and dies.

Spot cooling on a chip that is near the temperature failure point will
avoid that problem. Likewise, a localized heat source (tube within a
tube pumping near boiling water) is a great way to tip a chip over the
edge while keeping the rest of the board at operating temps.