[ale] final plea for help (more kernel panic info)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jan 4 09:47:16 EST 2003

Ignore my earlier post as I just saw this one. It looks like the either
the motherboard is dying, or the cpu is burned or the ram is bad. Pull
the ram and test in another box with memtest. Test the original box box
with known good ram and run a small compile. Final test, get a hair
dryer and a can of compressed air. with the box running , warm the board
from the back until it dies, reboot, use the air cans to cool the
chipset and test again. If cooling the chipset with a warm board
otherwise runs well, the chipset is bad.