[ale] midori linux vs. gentoo linux (features not flame!)

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 3 19:35:07 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 18:04, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Couple of quick questions for the guru's out there...  Has anyone used
> Midori linux?  Is it still supported or is it a dying dog?  The website
> looks out of date, but it likes like a really interesting (embedded)
> distro.
>
> Another thing that I'm wondering, is how would Midori compare to Gentoo
> as far as getting the "smallest" distro possible?
>
> I'm looking for a distro that will run in about 255 Megs (with X!) and
> I'm not sure how to go about it...  If anyone knows of anything that can
> fit the bill, or if anyone has any good info about Midori, please let me
> know...
>
> As always, much respect in advance!
> -CB

Christophers post prompted me to ask, what is the regular ram count on
your machines?  He said he would like to run within 256MBs, I thought
that was plenty enough to run linux.  I have rarely ever get over 300
Megs of RAM usage running kde, openoffice, mysql server, xmms, gaim,
galeon, Ximian, several konqueror windows and konsoles simultaneously.

Calvin...