[ale] Anyone have IBM Thinkpad 390 caddy or need its motherboard for cheap?

Rafos701 at aol.com Rafos701 at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 10:30:19 EST 2003

I have Laptop "planar" which I purchased thinking I would get a working 4-meg video board, and/or a pentium II-friendly bios which came out the wrong gender {model-Thinkpad, 770X}.  Having browbeaten and blackmailed the shipper concerning their shipping charges, I would much prefer to leave it alone, thus this frivolous seeming ad-copy for a usb//<isa>modem module// LT||EQ P-II 400MHz//sdram-ram board which is too much a luxury for me, (requires buying e.g. password-protected unit and swapping out.(to recover investment) I have to remark on how robust these cmos-laden components are, and suggest this as a challenge for y'all to guage your manual dexterity, or excess of leisure time.
If I must take it to ebaY I would like to confidently claim its full functionality, and due to the Gorillas coordinating the standardization of tiny connectors, I don't know what drive-rw cabapility it has, only having attained the setup (F1) dialogs. So I'd solicit any charitably-minded IBM 390x Think-Pad owners to claim they want to bring their hdd module(s) in to either the Dawg parade, or the next Law-School meeting, so I can test this thing further.
Actually I'm afraid of html, which is likely harder than LaTeX.
If somebody wants to fork over thirty bucks for this neo-magic 256av (vid)?, neo-magic3DX (snd), TIi1250 (pussumseeah), pre-celeron,450MHz,agp populated board with its DC:DC, drive interface, and IR expansion cards, I'll include |for testing purposes| a 200MHz cpu module, at least a $4.00 value. This thing is OK with, e.g. Best Buy ram, though it may interpret 256M as 64. A more gradual investment than desktop stuff.

G "Garth" Foster
Dreaming of imaginary guitar solos which would irritate an executive kind of guy.