[ale] SNARE?

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 20:50:21 EST 2003

> > What possible legal consequences could there be?  IF this
> > kind of thing is illegal what kind of enforcement action
> > could one expect.  I mean some hacker in Hamborg gets his
> > machine trashed trying to break in to my home machine,
> > what's he gonna do, call Interpol, the Duluth police?
> > It's kinda like robbing drug dealers. (Yes I know the are
> > using proxy machines and that complicates things a bit)

well, a man was arrested for assault and other things just cause he set a
bear trap around the door nob on the INSIDE of his house!! a burgaler
breaks the glass gets his hand caught in it and the man that was defending
his house gets arested!! dont ask me how this F### up of law and order
happend but hell fire. not to mention if the hacker gets clever and uses a
middle man well, that could suck. and to the dude talking about apache
shutting down hostile hosts, well if the admin is ignorant enough, or
unfortunate enough to be foreced to use IIS or windoze, well they deserve
it >;) atleast thats my opinion. if they are weak enough to fall for a
simple exploit they need help anyways, preferably the nice kind in the
form of a " you need to fix this " email but some people just dont listen
to those emails *COUGH COUGH LANIER TECH COLEGE* we had a hacker a while
back simply rename the lanier website not remove it, and place his on it
explaining that there were a series of exploits lanier was failing to
patch and needed to do so, he was expelled and to this day lanier tech
still has more holes than swiss cheese. but in any case, i think these
bastards need to get thier systems fried or atleast systems temp clobberd
especially script kiddies.