[ale] dell laptops and prepackaged (cough...cough...) windows xp

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Jan 2 12:30:15 EST 2003

For those of you who have bought Dell laptops (I have an Inspiron 8200 on
the way), how was the hard drive configured?  Additionally, did you
receive a full Win XP cd or just a Dell restore cd?

Reason I'm asking is that my laptop has 40 gb, and I'm hoping they break
this up into separate paritions.  I'd like to install RedHat 8 in one of
the later partitions but keep Win XP around (I do have a few requirements
under this project that would be more easily accomplished under XP...sql
server and the like...don't shoot me please).

Thanks for the info.

John