[ale] Wireless Design Suggestions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 1 12:28:39 EST 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:
> I've got a new cordless drill for Christmas so anyone want me to ruin
> their walls and ceiling? ;-)

Hmmm, sounds like we might be getting that geek colony together...  Home
depot sells some nice drill extensions (long and flexible).

> Dow
>
> PS.  Nothing works better than picking a closet and drilling up thru the
> ceiling in the corner and then down thru the floor.  Drop the wire and
> your done.  This is acceptable only south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is what I did to run my cable upstairs.  Thing is, if you follow
the old carpenters rule, measure twice, cut (drill) once, you'll be in
good shape.  I could have done a much better job on mine as I measured a
number of times and that effort proved to be virtually exact.  I figured
I'd drill about 6 inches into the garage ceiling so to insure I didn't
drill into the dining room (a divorce action to be sure..).  The drill
popped through exactly at my measure.  Further I had figured that if I
had drilled against the closet wall, it would come through right at the
garage wall, but I prefered the visibility in the garage over a lengthy
divorce proceeding... :)

> PPS.  I was born and bred right here in Georgia so I can say stuff like
> that.

Heh, heh, Columbus Ohio for me, but done the circumnavigation of the
eastern half of the USA so I can claim fault to multiple locations.
(Planning on rooting for Ohio State on Friday, Georgia tonight and am
rooting for LSU right now..)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...