[ale] Solar Flares?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 28 15:34:58 EST 2003

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/28feb_tucanids.htm?list669668

This weekend Earth might plow through an unusual cometary debris stream.
The resulting meteor shower could be intense, although it's unlikely
that many people will see it. The best viewing spots are Antarctica and
the International Space Station.  Scientists are interested in this
shower because its source is a long period comet--one of a class of
objects that can pass uncomfortably close to our planet with little warning.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...