[ale] Agh! Can't download RH ISOs

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 28 08:46:49 EST 2003

"Jerry Z. Yu" <z.yu at voicecom.com> writes:

> 	define TMPDIR to whereever you like, then run LYNX again.

A hah! That seems to be the right thing. Give that post four stars
in the archive.

Anyway, due to ALE being down last night (drat), what I ended up doing
was clearing out enough space on the partition containing /tmp to fit
one ISO, then I D/L'd them one at a time instead of all in a
herd. (Late at night I can get vast bandwidth through my Roadrunner
cable - 400KB/sec (yes, that's four hundred, with a big K) - so I'll
often download several things at once in this kind of situation.)

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka

> 	or, use ncftpget instead.
>
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Joe wrote:
>
> #Hey folks,
> #
> #I just blew $60 on a RH network subscription. So I'm trying to download the
> #ISOs so I can burn them. It's a simple request: I want to download the
> #images to my home directory, which has a large number of free GB.
> #
> #But both Mozilla and Lynx insist upon downloading the images to /tmp
> #and moving them to my home directory. That doesn't work; /tmp is on
> #a partition with only about .5GB free. Sure, I could move it, but
> #what a pain; and I shouldn't *have* to.
> #
> #The RHN instructions say, "Please copy the URL for your ISO image into
> #this curl command:
> #
> #curl -C - -O <the URL>"
> #
> #But that doesn't work. When I try it, curl downloads a page that says,
> #"Nyah nyah, you aren't authorized, you thieving maggot", or something
> #similar. (Actually, it says, "[Blah blah,] your session has expired,
> #please sign in again" -- but if I do that and then try the curl
> #command on the URLs in the new page, the exact same thing happens.)
> #
> #Any suggestions?
> #
> #Thanks,
> #
> #-- Joe Knapka
> #
>
> Jerry Z. Yu				+1-404-487-8544 (O)
> systems engineer			z.yu at voicecom.com
> is support, voicecom, llc		www.voicecom.com

  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me