[ale] Agh! Can't download RH ISOs

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Fri Feb 28 10:21:24 EST 2003

Not a good one, but one that works. Until I rebuild my machine and got
/tmp onto a larger partition, I used Opera to download ISO images. It
does not default to storing files in the /tmp directory. I'm not sure
the logic behind this "feature" of mozilla, but it is bloody annoying,
and I never did find a way to disable it.

Josh

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 17:43, Joe wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I just blew $60 on a RH network subscription. So I'm trying to download the
> ISOs so I can burn them. It's a simple request: I want to download the
> images to my home directory, which has a large number of free GB.
>
> But both Mozilla and Lynx insist upon downloading the images to /tmp
> and moving them to my home directory. That doesn't work; /tmp is on
> a partition with only about .5GB free. Sure, I could move it, but
> what a pain; and I shouldn't *have* to.
>
> The RHN instructions say, "Please copy the URL for your ISO image into
> this curl command:
>
> curl -C - -O <the URL>"
>
> But that doesn't work. When I try it, curl downloads a page that says,
> "Nyah nyah, you aren't authorized, you thieving maggot", or something
> similar. (Actually, it says, "[Blah blah,] your session has expired,
> please sign in again" -- but if I do that and then try the curl
> command on the URLs in the new page, the exact same thing happens.)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Joe Knapka
Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access