[ale] OT: Job Market in Savannah (and other coastal communities)...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Feb 26 07:32:27 EST 2003

I know we have a few people from Savannah on the list.

I'm tinkering with the idea of a move in the next year or two, and would
like to target a coastal community on either of our nearby coasts (gulf or
Atlantic).  In my experience, not a lot of tech jobs in these areas, but
I've heard Savannah has a burgeoning tech market.

Can anyone provide some insight on Savannah's job market?  Who are the
major players?  What are common needs as far as IT workers go?  Average
compensation?

If anyone knows of any other communities that might be worth a look,
please let me know.  I've heard Jacksonville might be a good place as
well.

Thanks!
John