[ale] multiple PS's in one PC?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Feb 23 17:34:09 EST 2003

If they are in the same chassis, they should already share the same
ground through the case. An easy check is to test the resistance between
the black wire pin on the hard drive power plug and the PC chassis. If
it is 0 Ohms, then all the systems are already grounded together. If the
power supplies are plugged into the same AC source then they will have a
common ground already.

The problem comes in when a ground loop is made. That's when there are
too many ground points and a potential arises between them. Just be sure
to ground the power supply to the chassis.