[ale] More from Business Week

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Feb 22 18:43:40 EST 2003

I think everyone is looking the gift horse in the mouth. The fact that Tux
is on the cover of business week and that the bulk of the issue is
dedicated to Linux is a plus in my book. Regardless of the mistakes, and
there are some obvious ones, the stance is generally pro-Linux. I have
already seen its impact on a few executives personally. Coverage like this
is good, warts and all. Business week is not targeted at the technical
crowd. It's targeted at the management crowd. Now the seed has been
planted, and the inevitable conversation between executives and IT
Directors will take place. "So, what about this Linux stuff?"

I think the message that business leaders will take from this issue is
positive. You could sum it up by saying, Linux is coming and it's
domination is almost inevitable, so we'd better get on the stick and get
us some of that stuff.

IMHO that's a good thing.

--
Jonathan Rickman