[ale] ALE NW meeting last night

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 21 09:20:18 EST 2003

We had a packed house last night at the ALE NW meeting at KSU.  Many
thanks to Justin and Dow for getting the word out at the school.

Thanks to Greg Canter and Jeff Hubbs for a superb tag team presentation.

Thanks again to Bob Toxen for providing pizza and sodas, although I was
not able to stick around and partake. :(

We had somewhere around 90 folks attend the meeting, it was difficult to
get an exact head count as we had folks sitting on the floor and lining
the walls!  That was fantastic.  We're getting some good support from
the faculty members at KSU as well, not to mention Dow's efforts.

So, I'd like feedback from anyone who attended.  What did you like, not
like.

Also, I had to leave early as my wife is out of town and had to relieve
my 'child care provider,' so I didn't get to stick around for the pizza
and dicussion.

How did that all go?  Was the timing of the pizza arrival good or was it
an interuption?

Thanks for all who attended.  I'm looking for suggestions for upcoming
presentations as well as folks who would like to give a presentation.

One suggestion I received yesterday was that we should make a visual
comparison of software packages between Windows and Linux.  That is,
actually fire up a windows box and a Linux box and make a step by step
comparison of features and functionality.  I think this is a great idea,
but it would probably require a number of presenters to step up, since I
doubt there's anyone who knows everything about a full install of any
distro.

Again, I'm looking for feedback, suggestions and presenters.

Thanks to all who attended!

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...