[ale] Re: Sendmail Proxy between internet and NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.0

Robert Gash gashalot at gashalot.com
Fri Feb 21 09:01:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:39:04 -0600, Joe was overheard saying:
|  I have a fresh install of slackware 8.1 on a machine ready for =
|  configuration.
|
|  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Joe,

The setup process is pretty simple, assuming you have the access and
mailertable features in your Sendmail configuration the config is
quick and painless--a few lines in mailertable and access and you're
done.

I had to create my own Sendmail config since OpenBSD/3.2 doesn't
include access_db or mailertable in the default config, but it was a
very simple process (< 1hr from start of Google'ing to working relay).
Our system works great proxying access to our exchange box, and as an
added measure of security we've configured exchange to always send
outbound Email to the bastion host as well so we aren't exposed during
the outbound transmission either.

http://www.ofb.net/~jheiss/sendmail/proxy.shtml

-R

Robert Gash, gashalot at gashalot.com