[ale] Inexpensive broadband recommendations

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at sciatl.com
Thu Feb 20 11:13:44 EST 2003

rhiannen wrote:
> A quick way to lose the interest of any NOC is to claim it can't possibly be
> your machine because (pick one) it worked fine yesterday

Any NOC that ignores this when *I'm* calling in will get calls up their
supervisor line.  If I have done nothing to my machine in the last 24 hours, it
is less likely to be my machine than something in their network, which covers
much more area and is subject to many more hazards.

I had just such a problem when the sprinkler guys cut my phone line.  The phone
Co tech reconnected it enough to get phone service, but not the DSL.  Everything
had been working fine before the cut, and no DSL after the tech repaired the
line.  Ergo, the tech did not restore DSL service.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
     posting from, but not     |

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.