[ale] XF86Config-4 for EV700 from Gateway

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Wed Feb 19 12:30:36 EST 2003

On  0, cfowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem.  It turned out to be a poor quality VGA
> extension cable.   Are you using an extension cable?

No. The problem in my case was that the video card was going bad. I plugged in
the same monitor (brand new) to a different computer and it would work fine.
Finally I went and got a ATI Radeon card and the problem is gone.  The old
video card is Nvidia AGP.  The card looks sturdy and the video pin holes look
fine too but I still can't figure where on the video card things have gone
wrong.

--
Subba Rao
subba9 at cablespeed.com